Friday, January 30, 2009

Dolly for a sweet girl


I made this little dolly with pretty rainbow hair for one of my daughter's friends. My 8 year old picked out the dress fabric because she loves turquoise and brown together, and wanted to use brown hair because the birthday girl has long brown hair. But one of the neighbor children was ready to play, so she didn't want to have to go to Hobby Lobby for brown yarn for hair. All the yarn in my stash is multicolored for some reason and I just this afternoon realized that! So my daughter was thrilled with Rainbow Hair Dolly, and I think she came out brilliantly! Hopefully the party girl will enjoy her as well! Doll is loosely based on the tutorial here

2 comments:

Sygnet Creations said...

it is soo cute!

Anonymous said...

I have been wanting to make something like this. I haven't made a doll in years. Thanks for sharing your project and the tutorial. This doll will be perfect for my little granddaughters.